Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The saddest tale ever told.

I commited my first road killing today.

There were two beavers on the side of the road, one ran in front of me, while it's friend was watching from the ditch. I slowed (didn't swerve), then stopped, right on top of the little creature. Not only did I hit him, but I hit him at a slow roll...so I got to get a good look at his face which was turned toward me when it happened. I saw his eyes and gapped teeth before I clunked him with my low bumper. The noise was awful, but I had to keep driving because there were cars behind me.

I gasped and groaned to my mom about his little friend that saw it all happen. I pictured the smart beaver checking both ways, before he ran to sniff his friend's coarse coat...and cry a little beaver cry.

I don't like killing things at all, makes me turn into a watery mess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home