Sunday, May 14, 2006

making small talk with waiters and truck driving men.

Check out my nature scene.



It was only $4.99 at the Flying J. I have one complaint and that is, I wish the bobcat were a wolf, and that there were a crescent moon in the background for it to howl at. But you can't pay for the shirt and design it I guess.

I like to listen to Rosie Thomas, especially her song Wedding Day, because something in the spirit of her song, makes me feel feisty. I know I'll probably never actually go skinny dipping, but I can at least be liberated to the point of it being some sort of ridiculous romantic dream of mine, and keep it at that...because that's all my heart needs, is to simply want to do it. That's probably still safe, but I'm not ready to be caught elsewhere, or naked. I do think that God has created me to be somewhat of a wild child, and that I should try to stop squelching that. Please don't misunderstand that, I'm of the mind, more so after spending time in scripture and Annie Dillard's writing (see how i put those hand in hand?) , that wildness stands with conviction for things like purity, truth, and beauty.

Perhaps I'll write more on that later, or maybe I'll try to make conversation with you about it, next time we speak.

I enjoyed Mother's Day today, my Momma she's alright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home