Friday, May 19, 2006

Bah...Minimalism.

Currently Listening
Sounds of Silence
By Simon & Garfunkel


I go through these phases, where I am very stereotypically, a girl. I will take forty-five minutes to do my hair, and pace in front the mirror, after trying my third outfit of the day on.

I hit the phase yesterday after I painted my dresser. I made a plan as I sat around in a pair of Niah's old camoflauge shorts and an oversized sweatshirt, to clean my room...I would empty my dresser, paint it, and while it was drying, I would go through my clothes finally getting rid of all that is unnecessary, and keeping only what I really like and wear regularly. I ended up only pulling the underwear that I bought and never wore, because I got them two sizes to big (mom always bought me my panties untill recently)...I discovered that I do like everything in my wardrobe, and that I could probably make an effort to wear everything on a regular basis. Besides my favorite jeans will last longer if I put them on rotation. Just like Xach and his favorite socks.

So today I changed twice, and struggled with vanity a little, but this is the way I see it. The more I am brave in the way that I dress, the less aware of myself I will become, because it will soon become a normalcy to me if I am consistant. I will not feel full of myself, or narcissistic...as long as I can refrain from taking photo's of myself daily for this blog and other such trifles. I mean if you treat a dog as if it's a part of your family, gradually it will believe that to be true, right?

My dad made a comment the other day, because I commented on an artist's sketch and how it would be an awesome print for a tee, that I often am looking at things and making them into clothes.

So there, I like clothes, I like to wear them, I like to make them, and give them to other people. There has to be some good in that, besides whatever snoodyness I have them in my mind affiliated with.

1 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger Isaiah and Elise said...

Sorry to respond to just one little thing, my dear Johanna, but I couldn't resist. I saw the "currently listening" and could only think of one thing: The Graduate.

Though I know you are certainly wise and mature beyond your years, this great American classic movie (made in 1967) might be beyond you, but still a brilliant movie. That song, "Sounds of Silence", plays a crucial role in the movie. So I recommend the movie. That is all I'll say.

I've mentioned it in my latest blog post.

We miss you and it seems we probably won't see you before we leave. Things are really coming together for us. We are too excited.

Blessings to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home