Sunday, April 16, 2006

Life is about breathing and then enjoying all that is in between.

It was a beautiful weekend. I like when unexpected things come about, and seemingly serve no other purpose, but to refresh...I like that a lot.

I went to Detroit on Thursday to see little Ethan, and as always it's a joy to be surrounded in the comfort of good friends. Ethan made me cry...That's how wonderful he is.

Friday I came home, and then went to lj's to see Ellery. It was so nice, and I benefited greatly from my reputation as OTB's merch girl, because they asked if I would cover the table while they played. I was sad to be sitting in the back where the loud and evidently tipsy middle aged were talking my ear off, but happy, because I was gifted the new full length album Lying Awake. I will not lie, and act like this did not excite me, or make me feel special in the eyes of God. He knows I like gifts, and he gave me one, I love him for it, and Justin and Tasha as well.

Saturday, I went to work at the spa shop for the first time in ages...it was nice to have my mathematical mind stretched. And when I got home...our most awesome friend Steve blessed us with his presence. I think I admire him most for his capability to remain chill in all situations. I envy his social skills, and his good looks. But mostly I just think he's nice to have around, as does the whole of the Bystrom clan. We also got to see Isaiah and Elise this weekend, which is always a joy. The kids are getting cuter with every new day, and I&E are moving closer to their dreams. I'll soon be able to visit them in beautiful British Columbia, where they are making their new home. I can't be sad for myself, I'm used to having dear friends scattered about.

Today has been lovely, although I completely forgot until just this moment my Sunday internet fast. I'll leave now to go flog myself.

3 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Blogger RW said...

You know Isaiah, Elise, Jude and Esme?

Wow.

We are looking forward to seeing them in the flesh soon!

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger APN said...

Well, I hope that you didn't flog yourself too badly....

I mean, you did read my Sunday post and, according to your comment there, you needed and quite enjoyed it.

Peace.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Kassianni said...

well, it will be cool to actually meet you then, when you make the trek to beautiful, wet BC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home