Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Spring is most definitely here...and I have without
thought placed it's
thongs between my toes. My that feels nice. Here's
and idea of what
Easter was like with the Olson's :) I have a new
digital peeps, so bear
with me.

Momma made me laugh...


I baby sat two sleeping children for two hours this
afternoon, I enjoyed
that. I read some shorts written by flannery
o'connor by whom I am
continually impressed. I've decided to start reading
a loud to myself,
so as to develop better skills in the area...and
maybe learn to "speech"
a more good. I still am clinging to the prophetic
insight Elise passed
onto me...:) I was talking to them (she and her
husband Isaiah) one
night about the struggles I have communicating
verbally what I'm
thinking. (I think I was being eloquent though,
because I was
comfortable.) Anyhoo...she stopped me in mid
sentence and was like
"Johanna I just got this wonderful mind picture of
me, you, Isaiah, and
another guy who was looking at you adoringly as you
spoke." I shrugged
it off with uncomfortable giggles at the time, and
changed the subject.
The memory has stuck with me though...

Whatever, I know Jesus hears me and adores even the
lousy language that
comes out of my mouth at times...because he likes me
in my entirety. But
saying that outloud sounds as cheesy as me saying
that I am content to
have no fool look at me with adoration in his eyes.

I have been given a cut deal on a copy of Over The
Rhine's latest,
signed and sealed with love. Plus I get to see
Sufjan Stevens on
Friday...since Sarah Marie couldn't make the trek
down to enjoy his
sweetness with me, I might just have to make him an
offer of
marriage...or at least buy something off his merch
table. What else???

Well I've been thinking about habits since I have a
few to replace with
others that are not deemed so disgusting to myself.
I wonder if it's not
so much a love for what is unproductive that keeps
me in the turning
cycles...but maybe a hope that if I stay put the
things I experienced
when first placed in the spot will return. For
instance I was thinking
about my habit of sleeplessness, which is a hard one
to break seeing how
it seems like something I can't control. I traced
the beginnings of it
back to late summer nights with a dear friend, the
laughing moments that
lasted until early morning hours...and I think
somehow that's what I'm
hoping will return when I lay in bed thinking about
how much time I
wasted during the day. I don't know...that might be
a little crazy, but
somehow it seemed to make sense to me. Moral?

No bling bling until the ring ring.


**Edit**


Kerry told me to listen to these guys...The Arcade
Fire

http://mergerecords.com/band.php?media=true&band_id=98>
...I like...you
should listen. The new Over The Rhine cd is salve
on the angst of my
spirit. I would like to buy everyone of you a copy,
but will probably
not...so go to Full Circle and pick one up
dol-garnit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home