Saturday, February 26, 2005

Work had more of a steady feel today...customers
actually came in and
purchased things :) I started three people on Baqua
Spa - our "Bromine
Free - Chlorine Free", hydrogen peroxide based
sanitizing system. It
amazes me to think about how unsure I was when I
first began there...how
basically unwilling I was to make mistakes. Fred (my
boss) has most
successfully shaken that out of me, and as a result
I am better around
strangers. Now I just fight the feelings of boredom,
which is a very bad
sign. I think that means I've lost view of bettering
my skills...."stuck
in a funk" if you will, of ambivalence.

Last night Mom, Andy, Robin and I took a trip out to
Grand Rapids. Our
purpose? Mostly to have a good night of listening to
the grand sounds of
Madison Greene and friends, The Psalters. I'm not
sure, but I think I
favored the Psalters...Madison Greene was
entertaining as
usual...bringing aches to my cheeks from constant
smiles, and bouncing
my feet with rhythms that are unearthly. The
Psalters have such an
intense radical nature about them though, something
I admire deeply.
There's a verse in 1 peter that I try to live by...

"Now you can have sincere love for each other as
brothers and sisters
because you were cleansed from your sins when you
accepted the truth of
the Good News. So see to it that you really do love
each other intensely
with all your hearts."

I believe that's the first chapter and the 22nd
verse...anyway. This
group always brings me deep into the thought that
surrounds this little
passage. They in all their hippy glory, convict me
with their intensity
in living. I guess it's the Spirit that convicts,
but I figure you get
my gist. My ideals on what Jesus is like, were
refreshed and
personalized once more through this worshipful
experience.
Funny how that happens in a smokey coffee house,
nostrils being
assaulted with body odor and incense. I am impressed
with the way these
guys say their exact thoughts (no mulling and
picking through what would
be crowd pleasing.)....blah, blah, blah. I guess I
was inspired to try
harder.

My Parentals (Kristin I totally adopted that from
you!) are going to be
married for 20 years on Tuesday. I am truly
impressed by the example
they have set up for us in faithfulness. We haven't
always been looked
upon as consistant (us bystroms), but I think this
monumental occasion,
shows a deeper layer of consistancy...talk about
being 'rooted and
established'. I love you momma and poppa. You done
good. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home