Monday, March 21, 2005

I have two new t-shirts. One is an extra cool
advertisment for a band
named Happy Hour, and I feel extra sneaky wearing it
knowing it carries
the appearance of what many would deem evil :).
Happy Hour indeed. All
this pleasure and I only planted five dollars for
it. Woot. The second
is an extra spiffy pink color, and I got that one
for free...because
apparently I have connections. This one I wear
proudly in support of my
friends from OTB .
Whom I finally had the
opportunity to see perform this past weekend. I was
impressed and proud.
They've been around doing a lot of the same material
for a while...and
somehow carry it off. That is indeed a struggle, to
keep something fresh
to you as well as the audience. I will learn a lot
from them I think.

It was a baptist church youth event they were
gigging at. I sat with my
heart grimacing at "the band" that played before our
friends...they were
introduced as a band, (like you were expecting a
concert from them after
the emcee got off stage.) but they played only
worship songs without the
invitation for you to worship with them. I do
believe it was on of the
most disheartening experiences I've had in
awhile...the sound system is
better at Lemonjello's for one, for secondly it
brought me back to the
days of middle school youth group. Days I do not
wish to revisit as
current happenings, as I am trying hard enough to
separate from high
school. That's the gist of my balking I guess...I'm
sick of rededicating
my life to Christ at the altar, because I'm stuck at
knowing how to do
that in the events of everyday. I guess I should be
more in wonder of
how God responds to our arrogance...years of people
who claim Jesus have
walked before us...feeling the same...wanting to
redefine the
redefination of church. Does it grate him? Those
songs grated me...I
struggled within myself, trying to figure out how to
respond posturely
in my heart. Then they played the song I sang by
myself to Jesus in my
room on Friday night. Dangit...I had two options. Be
really angry that
they just completely ruined it for me...or engage. I
notice that I tend
to view grace as a catch all...which to some extent
makes sense, but...I
don't know.

Humor me and go listen the mp3 rarity of the month
...Born by Over The
Rhine. I felt the last
48 hours were a movie, and everytime I stepped out
of the scene I was in
to watch the rest...that song was playing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home