Sunday, March 13, 2005

"Some walls are too easily built and stand too long
as barriers to
humanity." - S.I.

I saw a piece called Jericho last night...a modern
dance. I've not had
much experience with modern dance that I like. Most
of the time the
performances are filled with sexy angst dances...or
people who are
trying too hard to portray a personal message and
viewpoint without
propaganda. In the well meaning process it becomes a
vague blur of
sporadic movement that misses connection with anyone
but the performer.

Not so with this choreography. I had thoughts of
amazement at techinique
as I watched. As well as reflection on issues that
I've been too
fearfilled too deal with. I view my 'walls' with
such awe, respect and
resentment. This is not coming out the way I want to
at all...I guess I
don't feel like writing. Probably should have
written it down in my
journal so as to know that I'm really writing it out
for my own
processing purposes...not just to sound extra
insightful on xanga.
Grrrr....wouldn't work anyway seeing how I'm the
only one who saw it. :)
A special thanks to the famous pianist Ken Wadly for
inviting Mary Jo
who invited me. 'Twas an intimate God moment...came
as very refreshing
after spending a sleepless night babysitting a
diarrhea stricken child.
Which I'm not complaining about per say...I just
keep coming to the
realization that I am thankful that I am not old
enough or in the
position to have the full time job of parenting.

In other ramblings...Mary Jo and I are in the
process of making a
maniquin. More of a bust really...on an old music
stand. It speaks of so
much though. If this one succeeds we will try using
a floor lamp
(complitments of Bible's for Mexico) as a base. My
hands are scraped up
from the garden wire we used as the form. I felt so
resourceful. Fun
times, fun times. I also made up today for the
trauma of having to eat
Mac 'n Cheese this weekend. Mary Jo and Heidi and I
went to the River in
Saugatuck today...lovliness was the company and
veggie omlet that I had.
Good friends, asparagus, spinach and zuchinni.

oh-ho-well. I guess I'm done...I'm not cut out for
the keyboard tonight.
Sorry elena. This sucks...but your face will heal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home