Friday, July 22, 2005

It irks me to know that I can finish 8 ounces of soda, chicken tenders and potato wedges without stomach ailment. I cannot however take a chewable vitamin B complex without serious belly aches and gag reflexes. Seriously I have to do something about this. The other annoying thing is that consuming all the above listed items, takes about the same amount of time. I've had a revelation about thinking people. We like to sit and think. We sit and think. Instead of tossing our hips into a walking step forward and gathering infomation along the way. I maybe let my weight transfer three or four times before stopping everything to mull over what I just saw...a boy with dreads who winked and walked away, a girl who's crazy antics distract even her, a boy who smokes, puffing laughter when his friends are around, but sighs, billowing white when they are gone. It may sound oh so poetic, but where's the practicality? Where are the built relationships? I want to designate my thinking, so that when the opportunity presents itself to be a part of the life I think about so often, I'll live it...and leave my regrets of thinking about it too much without action behind. I don't want to be vacant, I want the awareness and desire to learn to mix with interaction. For conversations to explode without thinking about how they came to be. To lay in bed reflecting on how much was said, and enjoying that as much as I do when clouds move across the sky. I want God to have His way with me and this world, but I won't cling so tightly to the insight of how that's going to be done. If surrender is learning to let the drool roll off my lip while I smile up at God with innocent wonder....then I'll accept that

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home