Sunday, November 28, 2004

Thanksgiving 'twas beautiful. Till the end when Niah
cut his hair, but
we won't get into that :) Drew and Kat came in from
where they live
(near detroit :), and spent the day with us. I found
myself stepping
outside of the conversation, and just observing the
glamour of it all.
Later the Meadowcrofts joined us for dinner, this
only added to the
energy of the evening. Dinner was beautiful and when
I was at the
overflow stage I decided to reach for the salad,
balsamic dressing
complete with feta cheese. Drew so kindly offered to
hold the bowl while
I dished myself some, my mom was trying to make it
difficult for him to
help me...I guess she thought he was trying to pass
it to her so she
reached for it and he retreated. She felt the need
to try to ripp it
back from him, and they sat there struggling (all in
fun and gest).
Until finally my mom relented ( i guess they were
fighting over who got
to serve me, I bet that made Jesus happy). I had
been waiting patiently,
smiling. When they were done playing with my food, I
reached and then
drew jerked the bowl away and an entire serving of
salad landed in my
lap. I had powder blue pants on, and after slugging
him I ran to throw
my pants in the wash. I think even if the stain had
not come out, I
would've not been that upset, because everytime I
wore them I'd have a
good story to tell when people asked what happen.
But then again I fear
Drew would be known to all as the one and only
universal jerkwad. That's
just not all entirely true.
Later Robin, Kat and I took a walk in the snow. The
sky was so clear and
air so cold in my nose. Kat has this amazing laugh,
and it warmed me
right up. We talked about swimming and how amazing
it really is :) Some
people really do take it for granted. Also we
marveled at Robin's
ability to dive...she is amazing ( speak of her
including her diving,
not just her diving.) It was refreshing, and the
snow was lovely. I know
I didn't think so the day before. So as I result of
thanksgiving, I
became thankful for the things I often over look. I
did not try to force
myself into the holiday spirit, but it came. I
rather liked it that way.
I worked yesterday, and today...and just took this
afternoon to wind
down. It's been nice. I've caught several people I
haven't talked to to
in awhile...me likey and feel content. Thus the
rambling. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home