Thursday, October 28, 2004

I was going to post about the reception...the memory
of it though keeps
retreating into the distance. So basically what I'm
saying is that I
don't feel like it. I should've brought my hand
held journal on the
trip, I'm really terrible at writing things down as
they occur to
me...usually it's just a think and hold it until I
have time to write it
down. This causes a lot of mental congestion. I
did steal a piece of
paper from Isaiah's activity box, and scribble a few
sketches in red
crayon. Saying this does remind me of a delightful
memory on the
trip...Isaiah was huge into drawing pictures,
folding the piece of
paper, he'd hand it to the person he felt would
appreciate it most. The
drawing usually consisted of happy faces and random
letters of the
alphabet. He always explained the picture to us
(fearing we would
misinterpret, no doubt) and "read" the note he left
for us. I must
proudly say that I received the best of his
work...it depicted a
cactus-like creature with a beaming smile...under
the pokey friend he
wrote the letters:

A-S-S

We kind of tried to choke the laughter down while
praising Isaiah's
artistic endeavor. He would not have liked it if we
had laughed too
much, he would've deemed it inappropriate.

With that written...I'll give you the bulleted
highlights at the
reception.

*(asteriks will have to suffice)It was held in a
coffee house filled
with character.

* Open coffee bar

*Amazing gourmet catering (all food prepared by the
proprieter)

*I caught the bouquet (to my dismay and embarassment
it came right to
me...I had to keep reminding myself that they were
just a very beautiful
bunch of flowers and to appreciate them as just
that, as countless
family members asked me who the lucky fellow was. I
just screamed at
them that there was no one, would never be and that
boys were stupid.
That's all...)

*We threw coffee beans instead of traditional rice.
Way fun, and
smelled good.

Okay off to work. The smell of chlorine beckons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home