Sunday, November 07, 2004

Everytime I meet someone, or hear of someone that is
vegan. I am filled
with a sense of intrigue and awe. Oh to be so
radical...I've many times
pondered the posibility of becoming a vegetarian and
then if I feel like
it moving into the deeper commitment of being vegan.
Wouldn't it be
wonderful to study up on the nutritional values of
vegetables, legumes,
and grains. Find protein in substances other than
animal muscles. To
have a healthy glow from drinking carrot juice every
morning ( I had a
friend in middle school who only ate raw vegetation,
her family juiced
carrots everyday...they always looked well bronzed
as a result.), to
enjoy as many fresh herbs in salad form as I would
like...maybe even
take on the smell of green leafed basil myself. Did
you know cilantro
gone to seed is coriander? Even stating rhetorical
questions such as the
previous, would have so much more meaning chalked up
in it if I were a
vegetable nazi. Yes!....but then again no...I fear
that since I respect
others who live this radical life style so much, if
I would in turn
become one, I'd have way too much interest invested
in myself. I do know
however, that if I continue to feel called in this
direction :) and make
it into the vegan stage I would not partake in the
tofu cheese and meat
substitutes. I see this as trying to make up for
depriving yourself, and
I would never survive the race of vegetable eaters
if I were to feel
deprived. Therefore I would find variety in the
world of unprocessed
food, and enjoy it with passion. No Tofurky for me
thanks...i do enjoy
tofu when stir fried at the mongolian grill, but
it's not molded into
any shape beside's it's own.
Time to go now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home