Tuesday, November 30, 2004

I floated across this while cleaning out a drawer in
my room of many
drawers. bleh...anyhow it's a copy of an email I
wrote to my mom last
year while visiting friends in Vancouver. (side note
these friends of
mine went to an Orthodox Church there) My mom was
trying to hook me up
with this guy in food service at the hospital (where
she worked at the
time.) She emailed me with his name while I was in
BC. I replied this
way...well Elise helped a little, so I cannot take
full credit for the
sillyness.

---

Dearest Momma,

Though I am interested in just how you came upon
this information about
the young man in food service. I must tell you, I
have met my intended
here. Actually just today, at the Orthodox Church.
Once his priestly
garments are replaced with a pair of tattered
boot-cut jeans and a
nicely worn t-shirt...he will be exactly the man
I've dreamed of, even
if he is a little cross eyed, and has teeth that are
gapped slightly. I
am sure I could be quite content with him. I now see
that God had so
much more planned for this time I would spend with
Isaiah and Elise.
Conversation has been blessed with the Hoogendyks,
but nothing can
compare with the budding romance that lays before
me. I have already
purchased a lace covering that will show my respect
for his church. All
I want is to be a humble, sweet wife that can follow
him everywhere. He
finds it difficult to talk with his stuttering, but
who needs speech
when you have body language. I am counting the hours
until I see him
again. Right now I am nibbling on lettuce to keep my
figure in the
finest of conditions. I already took out my eyebrow
ring and it is
healing nicely. Alright, well...I'm going to take a
nap and pray for
dreams of Herman.
Much love to you my mother, and do not be disturbed
by my epistle of
love.

Starry eyed, and dreaming.
Johanna

---

The best part is the whole family ended up reading
it...and while they
laughed, weren't quite sure if I was jesting.
Beautiful revenge for all
the times they've teased me about such things as
boys. :) Oh...and about
the eyebrow ring, don't think I really took it out
for Herman. It got
infected from mime make up...therefore causing it to
shift in my skin.
That's why I took it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home