Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Oh my lands.
I'm home today...and Isaiah decided that a good way to spend some time with me, would be watching a movie in the basement. He fell asleep, and I carried him up the steps to his bed. His head rested on my shoulder, and his feet bumped below my knees with each strained step I took. That boy got big along the lines of I don't know when. His limp body started slipping to the floor just as I reached the thresh of his room...I giggled, which worsened the struggle, as I bent my knees to keep us both from falling. I finally reached his low bedside, and rolled him in...oh my, oh my.
It made me feel old...in several ways. Mostly in a physical way; because I knew that if my abs were a little stronger, I wouldn't have had to thrust my hips so far forward, nor arch my back in the opposite direction to hold my balance with him...nor would I have such pain in the after affects. (I also wish I didn't have to know so much about anatomy and muscle structure, so that I wouldn't feel so sad about my current state of body and out of shapeness.) I also realized, that someday Isaiah will be a teenager, and that I'm approaching adulthood hard and fast. Realizations that just make me want to sleep. Sleep until I leave again on Thursday, and he grows even more in the absence of 11 days.
And will someone please remind me, the next time I act like going to Steak 'n Shake is a good idea, that it indeed is the worst idea ever ever? Yes oh please do, even if I glare at you a little...I'll remember to thank you in Heaven. Tonight I feel fat and bloated, because of one chocolate coke, and an order of chedder fries, that didn't even taste that good...Fast Food is darkness...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home