Tuesday, September 20, 2005


Currently Reading: Everything That Rises Must Converge By Flannery O'Connor: see related

Today was long and full. It could've been staying up until 4am this morn (watching one of the most beautifully made films ever), then waking up wide eyed at 10 that did it. Perhaps it was driving the distance between Deetroit and Holland, with only 22 songs about Illinois to keep me company. I don't really know...I got full off of the hug Isaiah gave me when I came in the door. We sat on the living room rug talking about his weekend, he showed me his new power ranger transformer robot and told me about the dream he had last night. Apparently I got married, and never came home to see him again. So he just ran away. Then I layed outside on the trampoline reading, and watched the tree over head grip and tug on the wind with it's branches.Later dad, saiah and I went to Goodwill. I bought two pairs of pants at three bucks a pop, using my left over gas money to pay. Yes I did say 'left over'. Dad listened to me ramble off my ideas on "Being Anointed" as we rode home...I told mom later that we had a discussion about it, he said that I was the only one who talked. He was probably right. Sometimes I feel like a frantic young pup, an annoying tripping hazard. That's okay though, because I have lots of old dogs for friends, and I'm blessed to have them around to sober me up. Never will a pup rest so hard as I will tonight though...let me tell you. Tommorow I'll attempt to be adult about things, but apparantly the new opinion is that no one reaches adult hood truly until they've purchased all the major household appliances. I know for a fact that my left over gas money will not cover such an expense. I'm destined for immaturity for at least five more years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home