Tuesday, September 20, 2005

While I drove home yesterday, I thought of Riley Armstrong a whole lot. When he was still traveling by himself he'd post these video clips on his website. We used to go to his site regularly just to catch the newest one, oh how we laughed. I was thinking about how I used to say I'd never drink coffee, and then I tried to remember how many cups I had to help my mornings along in the weekend past. This all came to be, because I remembered one of Riley's videos, and how he claimed coffee was more effective when poured straight into the eyes. I finally saw his point, as I drove on I-96 squinting and feeling sore around the eyelashes. I still opted to drink my kahlua flavored cappucchino though. I started thinking about his videos again as I was cleaning my room just now. As I picked up my dictionary off the floor, I had another reminiscent thought...three years ago my aunt had Riley play a show in Holland, it was July 20th and my 16th birthday. We helped at the day long event, then had a party at my house afterwards. Riley had to go to Washington next, but asked if he could come over and hang out for awhile. We were like "umm...of course." At the party, he and my friend Isaiah Hoogendyk were talking. Isaiah (a linguistic major, and soon to be Professor) somehow got on the subject of how he used to read his parents encyclopedia collection as a kid. Riley looked at him with eyes crazed in disbelief, he said his parents had an encyclopedia collection too, but he only remembers looking at them while drawing with crayon on the pages. I felt a little crazy as I laughed out loud in an empty house. Oh how I love that guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home