Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I drove Elena to the airport this morning, we said our sad farewells...and just like that she's on her way back to Nashville. It was sort of a quiet morning we had together, but I guess the last two weeks of dashing about, mad laughter, and some tears made up for that. I don't mind those quiet times with friends, there is no sense of urgency, which makes saying goodbye alright because you know it's not going to be the last time you hang out...or something like that. I couldn't help getting a little misty when I left the parking lot, just because I was already starting to miss her...and feeling super thankful. She had given me two dollars to pay for parking with, (being the dumb girl I am when it comes to planning ahead I brought no money with me) I drove up to the booth thing and they were like "you're all set", I guess I hadn't been there long enough to pay. I don't know why but that made me cry too...maybe I felt bad for taking her money and then not having to spend it, actually I think I became nostalgic about, thinking "this is all I have left of her, thanks Lord for letting me keep it."...I don't know. :) I started thinking that I would keep the money with me always, instead of using it in the typical ways, I'd find it in my pocket and remember to pray for her...like mom prays for Tom Ohl every time she does the dishes, because she's reminded of the conversations present the times he has washed and she dried. I was pretty determined this was how I was going to use the money...then I remembered that Niah had asked me to buy baby wipes before I left the house this morning, (we've been taking over mom's nannying gig for her while she's in NC) so I stopped at the nearest dollar store and bought baby wipes with the Elena money. So much for that...now I'll have to remember to pray for her everytime I wipe a baby's keester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home