Thursday, August 11, 2005

The only food we have available in the house is smoked almonds and ice cream...i've eaten the smoked almonds and am still hungry. I have this sneaking suspicion though, that the ice cream won't do anything for me beyond the almonds...so...oh well. I love my dad, whenever mom goes away and he's trusted with grocery shopping (or even if he's not) we end up with less of the substantial in the fridge and more of the little debbies, and 3 layer betty crocker cakes. Elena and I came home after work the other day famished; we ate two pieces of cake for dinner. I had a little of that starbucks java chip as well. Poor Elena :) I tried to make dinner with the bare minimums last night. It started with laughter over this happy pepper (came from the plant in our yard)but ended in a salty stir fry mess. I've lost my touch in the kitchen. Okay,okay...I know I shouldn't let my confidence fall based on this one failure. It just makes it hard to press on sometimes...you know?Before this though, the day was pretty spectacular. Bringing lots of perspective on the blessings I have to thank the Lord for. It was my last day working for the spa shop, and I was reminded of my beautiful Christ's faithful nature. I have whined a lot this past year about work...yesterday though, I only felt like boasting about how the Lord had grown me through the influence of my most gracious employers...plus I finished my very first in-store manikin display. (Mary Jo is opening her own little boutique in the spa store warehouse, and I helped a little. I made the skirt :p)It was a sweetly wished farewell...I feel invigorated. I think the flowers I found sitting on the desk I spent many industrial hours sitting at, helped just a little.Mary Jo and Fred, I love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home